- In August of 1974, a Republican president resigned his office after his complicity in the Watergate affair surfaced. As is the case with many transgressions, the cover-up was worse than the crime (just like your momma has told you all these years). The President had ordered high-ranking members of his administration to lie to the American public about the break-in, and proceeded to do the same himself. Exactly 0 people died as part of the Watergate affair. In the past 3 weeks, Barack Obama has ordered high ranking administration members (SecState, UN Ambassador, etc) to lie to the American public about the murder of 4 Americans, including a U.S. Ambassador. Obama has then proceeded to repeat those same lies to the American public himself. At least Nixon had the courage to do what was best for the country by resigning.
- Watching Obama 2012 downplay expectations for Wednesday's presidential debate has been quite smirkworthy. The best part was David Axelrod batting his sad puppy dog eyes at the media while lamenting Obama's lack of time for debate prep. He's just been too busy "governing the country" according to Axelrod. Unless blowing off heads of state and hanging with Mr. and Mrs. Knowles is "governing the country", I beg to differ Dave. But hey, it was a funny line.....
- late update- John Kerry joined the Obama sympathy club over the weekend, sniffing that it's just not fair that Barry can't properly prepare for the debate, after all "he's got a day job".
- Remember Amanda Clayton? She was the Michigan woman who gained notoriety earlier this year after it was discovered she was receiving food stamps despite having won over $700,000 in the lottery. Sahib covered her story brilliantly here. I can hear you now, um...Crew...why are you referring to Ms. Clayton in the past tense? The answer is....because she was found dead of a drug overdose in a Detroit house over the weekend. I will not revel in the death of Ms. Clayton, I will only comment that karma is in fact a bitch.
- Speaking of trips down memory lane, one gas station owner did just that recently..... Actually the day Obama took office gas was $1.67 at my neighborhood station.
- Weapons obtained from Holder Arms and Ammo (aka the U.S. Justice Department) have been linked to a 2010 massacre of 16 people in Juarez, Mexico. Many of the victims were teenagers attending a birthday party. Speaking of resigning from office......are you listening Mr. Attorney General? Read more here.
|Do you really want to know?|
- Chinese cuisine
iswas one of my favorites. That is until I read about the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, KY. The restaurant has been cited for serving road-kill after a customer observed employees wheeling a mangled deer into the kitchen. The owner's son has admitted to picking up the deer along I-75 outside of town. The owners claimed they "didn't know we couldn't do that". Ugh. Maybe the health department should have been concerned about the Red Flower's menu, featuring General Tire's Chicken, Moo Shu Possum, and Crab Raccoon.