- Dateline Anderson, IN: Four students from Highland Middle School were recently punished for viewing topless photos of a woman on an iPad during class. Ho hum right? Not exactly. The woman in question was their teacher, and the iPad was hers as well. She had given the students permission to use her iPad, they fired it up and out popped the teacher and her girls. Instead of spreading the photo around the school, they promptly told the teacher about it. Their reward for being of high character? One given a warning, two suspended, and one expelled. No punishment is forthcoming for the idiot teacher who put her self-porn on her school district iPad. Had that happened to myself and Sahib in middle school (junior high back then), getting suspended would have been our last worry. We would have been trying to figure out how to live the rest of our lives with 2 smoking, charcoal lined pits where our eyes used to be.
- From the "Timing is Everything" Department: 22 year old Sandeep Singh was having a tough time. The Massachusetts man was having to work 2 jobs just to make ends meet, and to top it off his girlfriend dumped him. She's probably having some second thoughts after Singh won $30.5 million dollars in the lottery last week.
- Madonna riled up concert fans in Colorado last week. She was 2 hours late taking the stage, and then opened the show by pointing fake guns at the audience and singing a little ditty about murder. You remember Colorado right? They've had a little trouble with murder out there recently, and the concert goers didn't take kindly to the Material Girl's antics. I can definitely see their point, but seriously, if you wait 2 hours for Madonna to get on stage, you pretty much deserve what you get.
- Since today's theme seems to be women making questionable choices, up for your consideration now is Donna from North Dakota. Donna called in to a local radio talk show to vent her frustrations with the deer crossing signs she sees frequently along the roads. You know, this sign......
Well, Donna just didn't understand why the highway department would encourage deer to cross the highway by putting up those signs...
"My frustration is that Minnesota and North Dakota departments of transportation would allow these deer crossings in such high traffic areas," she says. "Why are we encouraging deer to cross at the interstate?"
Be afraid, be very afraid.
- Finally this week, it is with great sorrow that I report the passing of a 70's icon, and someone I admired greatly. No, no, not George McGovern. I refer to the untimely death at age 60 of Sylvia Kristel. Don't recognize the name? If you are a man over the age of 40 you remember the character she played in several 70s films.......Emmanuelle. In a film series marked with brilliant dialogue, remarkable character development, and crackling action, Kristel's performances as the title character were um, er, uhhh.....stimulating.