I know everyone does a scariest movies of all time list this time of year, but I thought I would include some of mine.
- The Shining - Jack Nicholson's face shoved through the bathroom door was pretty scary. Shelley Duvall's face.... even scarier.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street - The series got dumb fast, but the scene where Freddy was dragging the knives down the alley walls was super creepy.
- The Thing (1982) - The dread of not knowing who's the monster was like someone pressing on my chest. Nice doggy!
- Alien - "Hey what's for dinner?" Nuff said... Aliens was a great movie too, but not as scary.
- Poltergeist - "They're hereeee!"
- The Blair Witch Project - I watched it in an almost empty theater with no one sitting near me. The final scene creeped me out like no movie had in a long time.
- Halloween - Best use of a musical score in a horror movie ever. John Carpenter makes my list twice. He wrote the score.
- Rosemary's Baby - One of the best final scenes ever.
- Event Horizon - This one doesn't make nearly as many lists as the others, but I thought it was the scariest for me. I dare any of you to watch this one alone in the dark. Think Alien without any aliens.