- A baby born today officially became the 7 billionth person on Earth. Geez, somewhere Paul Erlich is having an embolism. Seven billion sounds like a lot of folks and it is. It is also the number of dollars spent by the U.S. Federal Government every 16 hrs and 48 minutes.
- The Catholic University of America is being sued by law professor John Banzhaf for allegedly discriminating against Muslim students by not affording them prayer space free of Catholic symbols and imagery. Banzhaf claims that the university “does not provide space – as other universities do – for the many daily prayers Muslim students must make, forcing them instead to find temporarily empty classrooms where they are often surrounded by Catholic symbols which are incongruous to their religion,”. Interestingly, the lawsuit does not name any aggrieved Muslim students, in fact the university claims to have never received a complaint from a Muslim student. Mr. Banzhaf appears to be going this one alone.
|Ah....the religion of peace
- Lying about having sex with a young intern in the Oval Office while giving a deposition in a sexual harassment lawsuit filed by another woman. (Democratic President Bill Clinton)
- Sexually assaulting a women and raping another. (Democratic President Bill Clinton)
- Driving off a bridge and abandoning his young female date to drown (Democratic Senator and presidential candidate Edward Kennedy)
- Hiring a male prostitute who then ran a gay prostitute service out of his home (Democratic US Representative Barney Frank)
- Being convicted on 12 counts of sexual assault, obstruction of justice, and solicitation of child pornography involving a relationship with a 16 year old campaign volunteer. (Democratic US Rep Mel Reynolds)
- Being convicted of 15 counts of bank fraud ("Merry" Mel Reynolds again)