- Right off the bat in this issue of Monday Musings, let's talk MLK. What would Martin Luther King think about the callous hoodwinking of black Americans by the Democratic Party? Democrats constantly reinforce the idea that blacks in America are dependent on governmental largesse for their very existence, not capable of making their own way in today's world. I believe Dr. King might find that particularly offensive. How many of the millions taking today off will spend even a moment thinking about Dr. King? Not many I'm afraid. For the record, the Crew is spending today doing what Dr. King believed in.....working hard to support myself and my family.
- Michael Moore is the most famous movie maker in the country, his films are constantly shown on national TV. Uh, Crew you say, what about Scorsese, Spielberg, Eastwood, et al? Hell, what about the Farrelly brothers? Sorry, I forgot to mention the country referred to in this musing is Iran. Hey, I didn't say it, this guy did.
- Late-breaking update to the Michael Moore story. Iran's most popular filmmaker says if you are white, over 29, and didn't vote for Obama, you are a racist, homophobic pig. Hmmm, just what is he trying to say about Obama?
- The most sensible response to the "golden shower" administered to some room-temperature Taliban fighters by U.S. Marines comes from one of my heroes (and fellow KState grad)....U.S. Rep Allen West, (R-Fl). If you don't know much about Lt. Col. West, take a little time today to research him. West sent an email to the Weekly Standard that read in part:
“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”
Read the rest of the email here.
- A dozen students at a Portland area high school were injured on Friday during a science class experiment that went awry. The accidental combination of water and volatile metal produced a small explosion and an irritating gas. The students were transported to area hospitals and treated for respiratory problems. All are expected to fully recover. I mention this only because it brings back fond memories of Sahib and Crew toiling away for many hours in biology class. After weeks of hard work and sacrifice, Sahib and I completed our magnum opus...."The Phenomenon of Spontaneous Generation in Drosophila melanogaster". Truly some of our finest work.
- Finally, since no Monday Musings is really complete without a video of a swimming goat, here ya go:
Yes, crazy goat lady, he is learning to swim. He is also plotting how to kill you in your sleep.
And Sahib's mother yelling at him to get that damned ether out of her freezer!ReplyDelete