|Personally, I think Ken is fabulous!
- Reports from the Associated Press last week indicated that Iran's "morality" police were cracking down on the sale of Barbie dolls, closing some toy stores that carried the Western icon on their shelves amid concerns that the statuesque blonde doll would cause great harm to the impressionable youth of Iran. Investigators from SACSTW's Tehran bureau are looking into reports that the Barbie dolls are being replaced by Michael Moore inaction figures. No mention is being made of Iran's morality police cracking down on state-sponsored incineration of innocent men, women, and children. At least they have their priorities straight. Interestingly, the AP reports don't mention Ken.....I'm just saying.
- After whipping presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney by 12 points in South Carolina, Newt Gingrich's presidential bid has new life. During Thursday's debate, Newt adroitly fended off clumsy questioning about his ex-wife's inflammatory statements. Now I know that Newt is not the paragon of virtue conservatives would like him to be, but since when do scorned ex-wives automatically have bullet-proof credibility and unassailable integrity? I'll tell you when....when they are criticizing Republicans.
- Super model Heidi Klum is divorcing Seal after 6 years of marriage, citing the ever popular irreconcilable differences. Pressed for details, Klum said "I was getting tired of having to throw raw fish to him at the dinner table every night. All he ever wants to do is lay around and balance balls on his nose".
|Mr. Klum in better days
- Last week's Youtube sensation was Winkelhimer, the painting squirrel. The furry Van Gogh is all the rage in his hometown of Jennings, LA. Rescued after a cat attack by Shyla Mouton, Winkelhimer has been painting ever since. His Facebook page has 534 fans as of this writing, only 530 more than the SACSTW page. Hint, hint SACSTW readers..... Here is a video of the rodent Rembrandt at work:
- As I write this, Billy Cundiff of the Baltimore Ravens has missed a game-tying 32 yard field goal at the end of the AFC championship game, sending the New England Patriots to the Super Bowl. Never, never, never pin your post-season hopes on a kicker.