Obama's War on Domestic Oil and Gas Production
As my and The Crew's support for all causes environmental and all regulations federal is legendary, the title of today's post may come somewhat as a surprise. Devoted readers may not know we are both charter members of the following organizations:
- PETA - People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
- Sierra Club - GMC Sierra 1 ton pickup truck owners group
- WWF - The World Wrestling Federation
- Greenpiece - The group promoting the camouflage of all weapons
- EPA official Al Armendariz explains his regulatory enforcement: "I was in a meeting once and I gave an analogy to my staff about my philosophy of enforcement, and I think it was probably a little crude and maybe not appropriate for the meeting but I'll go ahead and tell you what I said. It was kind of like how the Romans used to conquer little villages in the Mediterranean. They'd go into a little Turkish town somewhere, they'd find the first five guys they saw and they would crucify them. And then you know that town was really easy to manage for the next few years."
- Since hydraulic fracturing or "fracking" began in 1949, there has not been one documented scientifically proven case of fracking causing groundwater or well contamination.
- Cases in Wyoming, Texas, and Pennsylvania where the EPA issued "emergency orders" and made grandiose "revelations" to the media about fracking pollution before investigations were complete. In all three cases, no contamination was found. In all three cases, the orders were rescinded late on Friday evenings when congress was in recess.
- In the Texas case, the EPA filed a complaint in federal district court to fine gas company Range Resources $16,500 per day per violation of the EPA orders.
- These cases have held up, for two years, the development of the Marcellus Shale gas fields in Pennsylvania. It is thought to be the third largest natural gas deposit in the world.
|Obama EPA approved oil extraction method...|