Obama's War on Domestic Oil and Gas Production
As my and The Crew's support for all causes environmental and all regulations federal is legendary, the title of today's post may come somewhat as a surprise. Devoted readers may not know we are both charter members of the following organizations:
- PETA - People for the Eating of Tasty Animals
- Sierra Club - GMC Sierra 1 ton pickup truck owners group
- WWF - The World Wrestling Federation
- Greenpiece - The group promoting the camouflage of all weapons
That being said, The Crew and I are completely dumbfounded that our Dear Leader and his legion of green-shirted thugs at the EPA would stoop to disingenuity, fabrication, intimidation, threats, and outright lies to increase federal control of private industry and forward his green agenda.
Senator Inhofe of Oklahoma spoke to these issues on the senate floor. You can read the transcript of his wonderful speech here. It is well worth reading in its entirety, but here are some of the highlights:
- EPA official Al Armendariz explains his regulatory enforcement: "I was in a meeting once and I gave an analogy to my staff about my philosophy of enforcement, and I think it was probably a little crude and maybe not appropriate for the meeting but I'll go ahead and tell you what I said. It was kind of like how the Romans used to conquer little villages in the Mediterranean. They'd go into a little Turkish town somewhere, they'd find the first five guys they saw and they would crucify them. And then you know that town was really easy to manage for the next few years."
- Since hydraulic fracturing or "fracking" began in 1949, there has not been one documented scientifically proven case of fracking causing groundwater or well contamination.
- Cases in Wyoming, Texas, and Pennsylvania where the EPA issued "emergency orders" and made grandiose "revelations" to the media about fracking pollution before investigations were complete. In all three cases, no contamination was found. In all three cases, the orders were rescinded late on Friday evenings when congress was in recess.
- In the Texas case, the EPA filed a complaint in federal district court to fine gas company Range Resources $16,500 per day per violation of the EPA orders.
- These cases have held up, for two years, the development of the Marcellus Shale gas fields in Pennsylvania. It is thought to be the third largest natural gas deposit in the world.
It is an election year and fuel prices are more than double what they were when our Dear Leader took office. For political expediency, he is all for domestic oil and gas. We just aren't allowed to remove it from the earth.
WAIT!!!! This just in from the Obama administration. Our Dear Leader has developed a "green" method for extracting oil and gas from the earth. It is pictured below:
|Obama EPA approved oil extraction method...|
Now wait just a minute there Sahib! Doesn't the EPA policy of "crucifying" offenders violate the separation of church and state that the libs hold so dear?ReplyDelete
Yes, anything with remotely Christian trappings is strictly verboten in the Obama administration.ReplyDelete
Sahib & the Crew, Dear Leader is nothing short of a genius. Ever since his father died and he took over, I have been in aw of this god-like figure. Oh, wait, are you talking about Pres Obama? I completely misunderstood, I thought that you were discussing another Dear Leader, Kim Jong Un. Nevermind.ReplyDelete
I meant to write "awe" but aw as in aw-shucks works so much better.ReplyDelete
Both ways work just fine! :)Delete