- While our national media and central government were busy discussing the sexual appetites of a Georgetown University law student, you might have missed this "shocking" event over the weekend. As predicted in this space back in October, former KGB strongman Vladimir Putin has regained the presidency of Russia. Despite reports of massive voting fraud, including an admission from Mikhail Gorbachev that "these are not going to be honest elections", Putin is back in the office he previously held from 2000-2008. He now has another 6 years to work on his vision of a "Eurasian Union", a Moscow-led conglomerate of nation-states that he says will be based on trade, not ideology. Right. Just like the KGB was based on protecting the rights of individual citizens of the Soviet Union.
- Dear Leader has recently been blowing his own horn about how American oil production is up under his "leadership". This is just another example of progressives taking credit for things they have nothing to do with. Let's look at the facts as supplied by the Institute of Energy Research:
- Oil production on federal lands in FY2011 declined 11% from FY2010. Oil production on state-owned and private lands increased 14% in the same time period.
- Natural gas production on federal lands in FY2011 declined 27% from FY2010. Natural gas production on state-owned and private lands increased 28% in the same time period.
- The Obama administration is woeful when it comes to getting American energy resources to its citizens. But hey, I'm sure they will do much better with your health care!
- Senator Olympia Snowe (R- Maine) has announced she will not seek re-election in 2012. Her decision was bemoaned by Marjorie Clifton in the Huffington Post as "tragedy in Washington". Clifton called Snowe "the epitome of a good politician", citing as evidence that fact that Snowe was the only Republican senator to vote for Obamacare. Let's review....Republicans are good politicians only when they agree with the secular-progressive agenda for a central government dominated America. Got it.
- I found this headline on the website of the Belfast Telegraph this morning...."Buried Alive Challenger Dug Up Dead". It seems that 24 year old Janaka Basnayake of Sri Lanka was attempting to set a world record for the longest time buried alive. After spending about 6.5 hours buried in a 10 foot deep trench, Basnayake was dug up and taken to a hospital where he was dead on arrival. Here's what I found most interesting. The article states that "doctors were not immediately able to determine how he died". Note to self....scratch Sri Lanka off the places to go when needing a medical condition diagnosed!
- Oh, those wacky school teachers! New York public school teacher Melissa Dean recently had her 5th grade class write cards to her boyfriend John Coccarelli because she "thought it was a nice thing to do". How sweet. What she didn't mention to the students was Mr. Coccarelli is a guest of the New York penal system on a weapons possession beef, and was also charged in 2008 with possession of child pornography. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside about the teaching profession, doesn't it?
- Finally, there's this.....
Talk amongst yourselves....
Post a Comment