Bureau of Citizen Thought
- Local citizen agitator Alonzo Washington will go on Kansas City televison news, decrying the continued violence against minorities at East High School, and the lack of action on the part of the Kansas City Police Department.
- As this hateful act occurred within the congressional district of Congressional Black Caucus Chairman Emanuel Cleaver, Representative Cleaver shall make an impassioned plea from the floor of the House to halt the violence. Representative Cleaver will meet with the victim's parents, and hold a series of town hall meetings in his district to discuss the continuing problem of hate crimes in urban Kansas City.
- The Kansas City Star will continue to cover this story on a daily basis, emphasizing the hate crime aspects. The editorial page shall issue no less than 3 opinion columns calling for more federal spending to fight hate crimes, more tolerance for diversity, and an increase in funding for the Kansas City Public School District.
- Kansas City Police Chief Daryl Forte will hold a press conference at which he will emotionally state how this case has affected him personally as a black man from Kansas City.
- The U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Missouri will announce her plans to prosecute the offenders under federal anti-hate crime statutes.
- Weekly candlight vigils and outpourings of community support for the victim are mandated.
- The victim in the East High School attack is white.
- The perpetrators in the East High School attack are black.
- The complete quote (although not reported by the KC Star) from the attacker was "This is what you get, white boy".