Fresh off a weeks respite, I am back with another edition of Monday Musings. Many thanks to Sahib for filling in with last Monday's posting. Honestly, I didn't spend much time with the news over the weekend as my son had his first American Legion baseball tournament. We spent most of the weekend at the ballfields, and the guys came away with the tourney championship! First of many I hope.
Please be sure to read all the way to the end of this post, the payoff will be worth it!
|Or anyone else I reckon....|
- The one thing on my mind in the world of politics lately is tomorrow's recall election for Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker. Walker won election in 2010 by campaigning on a platform of fiscal responsibility at the state level. He promised to pare back the extravagant salaries and benefits of state employees that were driving Wisconsin to ruin, and he won 52%-46%. Then, he had the audacity to follow through with his campaign promises. In the face of the thugs and goons imported from other states by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Walker succeeded in saving Wisconsin from a financial abyss. You remember those thoughtful, intelligent, reasoned protesters.....you know, like this lovely lady.
- Popular wisdom has the Walker recall vote as an early referendum on Obama's re-election hopes, and I agree to a certain extent. A convincing Walker win definitely throws a wet blanket to Dear Leader's campaign, and on the SEIU goons that he fawns over. Watch the returns closely tomorrow night, and we might be getting a peek into what's coming in 5 months.
|in the HH days|
- Another of my all-time favorite celebs passed away over the weekend at the age of 79. Richard Dawson was best known as the long-time host of Family Feud, but I first appreciated his dry British wit and suave persona on Hogan's Heroes. Not only was he a great game show host, he was maybe the all time best celeb panelist on Match Game. He estimated that during Family Feud's run, he had kissed about 20,000 female contestants. Or, what Bill Clinton calls Tuesday night.
|Uh Bill, don't look now, but that tall one is a dude!|
- Speaking of the first black President, Bubba was recently photographed in Monaco posing with porn actresses Brooklyn Lee and Tasha Reign. Move along folks, no news here....
- Finally, there's this. After his beloved cat Orville (named after Orville Wright of course) was run over by a car and killed, Dutch artist Bart Jansen had him stuffed by a taxidermist. Nothing TOO weird about that, it is done from time to time. What's not often done is then turning the deceased into a remote control helicopter. That is just what Jansen and RC helicopter enthusiast Arjen Beltman did, attaching helicopter propellers to each paw and creating the "OrvilleCopter". Read the article (and watch the video) here. Behold........the OrvilleCopter!